Driving without auto insurance in Bailey, CO is not just something that can cost you a lot more money by making you pay out of pocket for repair costs. You can get into some additional legal trouble as well. It is always smart to at least have the minimum coverage that you can get from Centennial State Insurance Agency so that you can ensure that you do not break any laws. This is what can happen if you are caught driving without auto insurance.
- Fines – You may be hit with a fine of $500 for your first offense and up to $1,000 or more for every offense after that.
- Community Service – With your first offense, you can have up to 40 hours of community service. For every offense after that, it may vary depending on your history.
- Imprisonment – While you won’t be sent to jail for your first offense, for every offense after that you will get a minimum of 10 days and up to a year of jail time.
- Points – Every time you are caught without auto insurance, you will get 4 points added to your driving record.
- Rights to Drive – With your first offense, you will have your driver’s license, your license plates, and your registration suspended until you provide proof of adequate insurance. With the second offense, these will be suspended for four months regardless of when you get adequate coverage. For your third and all subsequent offenses, you will have these things suspended for eight months regardless of when you get adequate coverage.
Now that you know that there are some real repercussions for driving without auto insurance, you should make sure that you have the right amount of coverage. Contact Centennial State Insurance Agency, serving Bailey, CO, today to get your quote.